The Cover for Bran Hambric: The Farfield Curse

book-image

I am very pleased to present to you the cover for my debut novel BRAN HAMBRIC: THE FARFIELD CURSE, due in stores on 9-9-09.

What can I say? I got my dream illustrator, my dream color design and my dream layout. Everything in this cover is exactly as I hoped it would be, straight from the imagination of our glorious artist Brandon Dorman, with a whole lot of hard work from my publishers and agent to get it perfect.

Check out the entirely new website at BranHambric.com! Giving away of secrets: if you click on the tiny moon next to the links on the front page, there is a special section for Branfans 😀 . Here is a book trailer I worked on for while, which you might enjoy too:

It is quite hard to see the tiniest details of this cover when it is a small image on a website, so today (Saturday, April 18) I will be doing a LIVE BlogTV show on my channel. I don’t exactly know what time (I’ll post it on my Twitter when I do) but it is advisable to get there early. As my shows go, there can be anywhere from 300+ people crammed in, and while everyone can watch, only the first 150 can actually talk to me and ask questions. Hope to see you there!

AUTHOR

Kaleb Nation

Kaleb Nation is an author, TV personality, and entrepreneur. Kaleb and his projects have been featured by Entertainment Weekly, CNN, HLN, Mashable, The Daily Dot, TIME.com, The Huffington Post, and more. His online videos have been viewed over 60,000,000 times.

All stories by: Kaleb Nation
68 comments
  • Pragya

okkkkkkkkk……….so my browser did not upload the other ones….AT FIRST………….*sigh* ok. no problem. But i cannot wait!!! I am so psyched!! And I want to ask the same question as kitty.
    Man! I cannot wait for the book!!!!! *SQUEAL* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
    the cover looks awesome. One thing I found very frustrating is that I kept refreshing your twitter page every 2minutes (I'm not lying I kept count) And then I got bugged and went straight to branhambric.com and guess what??? You had already uploaded it!!. aaaaaargh!!!! and then I come here and guess what???? When I didn't refresh your twitter page you already uploaded……2 minutes ago!!!…………………but it's fine……….I got to see THE COVER atleast…and have the fourth comment….or the third……..*SQUEAL* CANT WAIT!!!!

• Kpucine

I absolutely love the cover!! This is awesome and I can't wait to read it ^^ As Kitty already asked, any released date for international people?? At least for the UK?? I hope it'll be translated 😀

• mart

the cover is AWESOME! i am already planning to ask my aunt to buy the book and send it to me from oklahoma – i have no itention to wait for the Italian translation / UK edition. … did i just say GREAT COVER? well, it is absolutely fantastic.

• Mich(elle) C.

I'm extremely proud of you, Mr. Nation! The cover wasn't what I pictured, but, it's amazing. I'm deffinetly buying this book. Sorry. My internet was busted & my laptop is stupid..so, I read your Twitter message a little later. I look forward to meeting your book! Hopefully, my anxiety will hold. I want to be surprised by your terrific story. I've never been on the ride with someone publishing a book, before. It's a great feeling. I'm honored to be part of this journey. Cheesy, but, true. That's all I have. – Mich.Shelli

• Zack

WOW!! CONGRATS, KALEB!!
    Can you put on your blog if your having any signings? I would love a copy of Bran Hambric signed by the author!
    And, I love the cover. Look at all that detail of the car headlights and moon and the stars…You can even see Bran's shoe!
    Again, congrats!!
    ~~Zack~~

• Christina

Wow….is about all I can say right now! The trailer blew me away. You have done a fantastic job! I love the illustrator work as well. I cannot wait until it comes out.
    Congratulations!!!

• Emily

OMG!!!!
    this is soooooo exciting!!!!!!!! im soooo happy for you, kaleb!!!!!!
    this is so awesome!!
    im gonna buy like 3 copies!!!!!
    you should totally make the soundtrack. i would so buy it!
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

• Becky

this is totally unrelated but: black belt in taekwondo? niiice. haha, sorry that was random. i was reading the bio on branhambric.com.

CONGRATS! i sure it'll be epic. you should have a blogtv midnight release party for it, lol

• Jenna W

Wow, Kaleb, all that waiting paid off. That cover's amazing! And the trailer's pretty awesome, too. I can't wait to see the book on shelves! 🙂

Just so you know, you're kind of like my idol. I know it sounds cheesy, but you were the same age when you started writing your novel that I was when I started writing mine. I'm working on finding representation now, and I just love reading your site and knowing that, hey, it can be done. 🙂

• Kate

WOW! It looks amazing! That Brandom Dorman never fails to be beyond amazing, he is also my dream illustrator for my book ( well if it ever gets published) 😉 Anyhoo, I love the colors!
    Oh and I'm sooooo happy for you that you got your release date! yay! I wish you great success Kaleb:D See you on BlogTv tonight !

• Kate

Sorry to post again, but I think you should make a Gnome wallpaper for us fans over at BranHambric.com. I really want it on my computer 😀 And, I can't wait to see your book on myself. It will be a lovely addition! 😀

• Mels/MelonCulley

Freakin Amazing the anticipation is killing me this is just like when i was waiting for each Lemony Snicket book to come out

post script: i really like the cover it has the same vibe as the preview chapters and your music

• blush

I am gonna say that I love the book cover. It is very appealing.
    But as it is said “don't judge a book by it's cover”, and I am clearly not going to do so until I read it. 😉
    Good luck!
    I hope to see you at the book signings (if you will have any).

• twilightluv210

ok i commented on ur twilight website, but….

i have goosebumps Kaleb!!!! immm sooo excited to read this book!!!! congratulations, i will be standing in line on september 9th…. :)!!!!!

• YOYO:)

IT IS SO FLIPPIN AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhH

• Savannah

Oh My GOD! this is so wicked AWESOME! I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE BOOK TO COME OUT!!! The cover is great!

but there is one thing about the book. it kinda reminds me of another famous magical being. Harry Potter? just saying there are a lot of similarities.
    magic
    no parents
    Doesn't know they're powerful
    doesn't know they are part of an important proffecy
    raised by ppl who dont want him
    SAME BIRTHDAY FOR PETE'S SAKE!

• Katie

You're right. It does look really similar in the font and the art. Most likely to draw the eye more because of the familiarity with it. It would bring in more readers if someone was familiar with the design. The cover just seems like I can slap “Harry Potter Book 8” on it and it would be perfectly fine….oh well O_O

I still want to read it…

• Megan

The same birthday? Bran Hambric doesn't have the same birthday as Harry Potter. Where did you read that

besides anything the same in this book to Harry Potter is stuff that wasn't invented for Harry Potter, like that stuff has been in books for long before HP. like i read HP and now the beginning of BH, and they're nothing the same

• Rachel

Congratulations! The cover art is awesome and, if I didn't already know anything about the book, the Harry Potter-ish font would at least get me to pick up the book and read the back cover (which I'm sure was all in the plan). And congrats on being on Amazon.com. In case you didn't believe it already, I hope you know you've made it. 🙂

Unrelated – is there a way to make your featured video NOT play when I open this site? I don't believe it plays on the Twilight Guy site. It's not that I don't want to see the video, it's just that maybe I only want to listen to it once. Or I already have music playing on my computer. Or I'm trying to be quiet and forget that my speakers are on.

• Spidurmunkey

Kaleb, your book looks amazing! I have already read the preview chapters and they are really excellent. I'm scrounging some money together so I can preorder it on Amazon. The cover looks absolutely stunning and is exactly how I pictured Bran! I can't wait to get my hands on the full copy! Good luck in all the things you do! We'll all always support you!

– Erica