Kaleb Nation is an author, host, and entrepreneur. Kaleb:
- is the creator of websites that have received over 10,000,000 hits
- creates and produces videos for Youtube.com, with over 50 million views and 73,000 subscribers
- hosted his first radio show at 14 and a nationally syndicated program at 17
- was published at age 20 with his debut novel “The Farfield Curse”, praised as “everything a Young Adult read should be” (Kim Harrison, NY Times bestselling author)
- has been noted by Entertainment Weekly, The Huffington Post, MTV, NPR, and more
- is a recognized voice in teen literature and online media as a speaker at conferences and events
When Kaleb Nation was twelve, he telephoned the editor of a major publisher to pitch a book idea… and got to talk with security instead. Unhindered by rejection, he continued to write, and on the third night of the third month in 2003, Kaleb had a sudden idea for a novel. His debut, The Farfield Curse, was published six years later on 9/9/09, and the sequel, The Specter Key, on 10/10/10, in the US, UK and Canada. One of his publishers is the same that had rejected him when he was twelve.
At 13, Kaleb hosted his first radio show in Austin, Texas, later launching his own nationally syndicated program in 2006 called The Top 5. Kaleb’s show grew to be broadcast on stations in over 20 states and countries. Few of his affiliates realized he was a teenager recording the shows in his bedroom. In 2008, Kaleb left radio to focus on writing and social media.
Entering into the online world, Kaleb launched a blog at TwilightGuy.com, giving chapter-by-chapter insight from a guy’s perspective on The Twilight Saga, a series of popular novels. The website went on to receive over 7 million hits and was widely featured in the media, including Businessweek, Entertainment Weekly, and on MTV. Kaleb was granted red carpet access at the Twilight Saga film premieres to interview the cast and author Stephenie Meyer, who says TwilightGuy.com “…made me laugh buckets.”
As a hub for his online audience, Kaleb launched YouTube.com/KalebNation. His channels have a total of over 100,000 subscribers and 50 million views, and continue to receive 1 million views every month. His videos have appeared on MTV, Buzzfeed, The Huffington Post and more. In 2012, Kaleb partnered with media leader PMC to produce The 60SR Show.
In early 2013, Kaleb released the first novel in his new series, titled Harken. Called “whip-smart, charming, and irresistible…” by New York Times bestselling author Lauren DeStefano, Harken gained immediate viral attention through fan-created songs, artwork, and reader buzz.
In his free time, Kaleb enjoys photography and posting updates to Twitter.com/KalebNation. A black belt in taekwondo, he lives in California with a chinchilla.